For The Ethical Property Company 2014/15 was another great year in terms of our properties, our performance and our continued growth. Full details can be found in our 2014/15 Annual Report and the 2013/14 Performance Supplement. For historic information, please look through our previous Annual Reports.
- The Foundry, which opened in 2014 and is our largest building to-date, is now full and monthly conference bookings continue to increase. As well as its operational success, wider recognition has followed as it was named London Building of the Year by the Royal Institute of British Architects
- We have now purchased our first building in Cardiff, Hastings House and hope this will be a stepping stone to more activity in Wales
- In the South West, we have taken over the management of St Pauls Learning Centre in Bristol, in an innovative arrangement with the local authority
Social and Environmental Performance
- We have seen an overall improvement in our tenants’ satisfaction and 80% of respondents to our annual Tenant Survey say that being in our buildings had a positive impact on their strategic objectives
- Environmentally, we are very conscious that our performance requires improvement. We expect to see improvement in overall environmental performance as a result of the sales of Archway and Development House over the next 12 months
- 15 of our 17 owned buildings are now on 100% renewable electricity tariffs
- 95% of all our business travel is undertaken on public transport
- Our occupancy levels remain extremely high at almost 96% which is indicative of the quality and affability of the space we are offering to the sector
- 98% of staff would recommend working for the Company.
- Operating profit increased by 6%, which means that over two years we have seen a 22% improvement
- The value of our property portfolio rose by 17%, with uplifts in all areas of the country but most notably in London
- This increased valuation underpins the 27% increase in Net Asset Value per share to 163 pence
- Our Share Issue In September 2015 raised £1.75m from both new and existing shareholders.